Wednesday 3 December 2014

Under The Sea Party

My little lady is now 4!!!

Her favourite film is The Little Mermaid.  Her request was for a mermaid on a cake - it's July the best weather in the history of Scotland I want to be outside!!!   I am not good at fondant modelling and my sister and me gave up on the cake business - too time consuming and not fun anymore!  So I went for the theme of under the sea with no mermaid...am I cruel??  I think I have set myself up for a lifetime of obscure cake requests now she thinks I can do anything she wants






She was pretty happy with this but I think because she was very ill she didn't notice the lack of mermaid

 Back drops really let me down I need a better place for the party table in the kitchen.

I made a tutu type decoration because of my obsession with tulle a couple of years ago when I thought I needed it in every colour - I do love a tutu!

 I had lots of fun for this party despite the weather being so good - a basket of flower shaped watermelon

 A fish full of prawn cocktail skips

 A starfish full of chocolate krispies
 Sea turtle and fish jellies
 Fish grapes
 Treasure lollypops
 Colour themed bonbons
 Pink shrimp sweets
 Clam biscuits (my sister made these I love these for this theme!)
 Sea snail marshmallows
 Meringue shells
 Trusty top hats - they appear at every event ;)
And a treasure chest full of diamond rings, gold coins and edible jewellery




Another of my drinks dispensers - acrylic this time for the kiddies party and blue juice is hard to find!  This is bubblegum flavoured Barrs.  It looks amazing this colour for an under-water themed party.  Again with the juice though Eliza is not allowed to drink.  This is for the adults and much older kiddies :)

I didn't buy any of the dishes specifically for the party - I found the fish dishes and star dishes in the Next sale at some point over the last years and I was given the treasure chest box for my birthday year's ago.  I don't like to buy specific props for a party I just like to shop my house and my stash of weird items I have collected over the years.  It is so good when it fits a theme...or did those fish dishes start off my theme?...
And I borrowed these tiny buckets from my mum got Grant to make me some flags and filled them with sand :)
 My finger puppet obsession came to light too - and at my birthday I got a new sewing machine!  Woohoo!!!!  (Right after the Nerf Party where I was sewing ammo bags into the little hours before the party - Grant didn't think to give me the machine a week early even though he had it in the house :o  haha)
 So I got to practice with my sewing machine - much faster than hand sewing but I need to get neater!





























Everyone got to take home a party bag with their three finger puppets, a lolly, a bag of sweets, a bit of chalk, some treasure, a Wham, a rubber and a loom band - I learned the inverted fishtail so I practiced lots in the nights leading up to the party 
























Not sure what next year's theme will be especially as after my poor ill Eliza on her birthday went to bed Grant proposed!  We are getting married on the 1st August next year just two weeks after Eliza's birthday!  I will have a very busy July - it is also Grant's birthday the day after Eliza so lots of celebrating!!  I will still have a party for Eliza though - I should start sewing tutus and finger puppets now though but I won't I will wait until July and sit up all night stressing about how much stuff needs done - that's how I roll :D

______________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!