Monday 27 July 2020

Fathers Day Afternoon Tea

For my birthday my sister got me an afternoon tea  delivery, which was amazing - especially because we were living through Covid-19 lockdown so our usual cuppies out and about had been halted.  When it came to Fathers Day a few weeks later though we thought we could manage it between ourselves for our Dad, our husbands and our father-in laws. 


Between us we made...


Meringues (of course!)
Scones
Various fillings in rolls and wraps
Banana nutella mini loaves, rolo rocky road and chocolate truffles 
Mini quiches and (bought) sausage rolls 
Mini lemon cheesecakes 





Mini victoria sponges 


 We delivered our selection out to the father in laws and had a socially distanced picnic with the husbands and our own Dad.  It was really lovely.  The amount of food was amazing and all very tasty even if we do say so ourselves 🤣 


We did have a little practice run a few weeks before with just me and my sister and the kids and it went very well.  There is no wonder I am suffering from a lockdown gut but I have enjoyed the process 🐖🐷🐽











What is not to love about an afternoon tea?  Loads of food with tons of flavour and you get to keep eating until it is finished.  Need another excuse for an afternoon tea soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!