Monday 1 April 2013

Up market Easter picnic

Our Easter picnic every year is hilarious...tubs of marg, loafs of bread and packs of ham just purchased on the way to the picnic.  This year I warned them all we were going up market and to get their picnics in order.  I have been pinning a bit but hadn't really planned a table because I am busy with Finlay's party plans but it got to Friday and me and my sister decided we really should put in some effort.



Eatser biscuits... Uncle Grant kept changing this to Teaser and I tried to fix it but ended up with Eatser!  Haha I can't spell!


That's better :) Recipe for these here.


Sandwiches 

Mini quiches and crackers 




 Cheese board and sweets
My little Easter Bunny! I have been practicing my face painting -my gran thought she was a tiger!

Two face - very Easter-ish!







 A bunny in the hedge

 Easter banner

Marshmallow lollypops











Little gingham cover for the potato salad












Easter picnic up market style with bunting, wicker and brown paper.  The other guests at our picnic still brought their marg in a tub, ham in a packet and uncut breadsticks....however there were homemade shorties, custard creams and cranberry biscuits so they were allowed on our table:)

 There were also mini trifles I made which are so cute - I found these little jars in Ikea and have been waiting to use them for something brilliant like this.  


I also found these bottles in Ikea and filled them with cherry juice and pear and elderflower juice

Not so up-market drinks station!  There were 8 adults so we had a flask each - I don't know how much tea and coffee we thought we were going to get through!  It was quite a cold day - still some snow on the ground but much better weather than we expected!  

So good to keep the Easter tradition going with a picnic whatever the weather but a nice change to eat such lovely picnic food! 

Happy Easter 2013! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!